Grant Application Form
Each financial year the Parish Council has a small amount of money that it can provide as a grant to Village Organisations.
To be considered for a grant please read and complete the form below.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
We have written these notes to help you with your application. Please read them before you fill in the application form.
The following points are important. Please read them carefully:
- Your project must be able to demonstrate local community benefit
- When you apply, it is important that you describe the community benefit your project will bring. The benefit must be for the local community within the Parish of Ulcombe.
- All grants given are one-off and, for one year only. If your project will continue over a longer period, you will need to show in your application that you have plans to cover future costs.
- We do not fund projects, which have already been completed, or costs you have already incurred before making your application. Your project must be committed to a start by the end of the current financial year
- Any grant you receive will be specifically for the project described in your application. It must not be used for any other purpose.
- We do not require that your project has funding from other sources too (eg matched funding), but if it will have, you should show this in your application. This helps us to understand the size and scope of your project.
- You can apply up until the end of February of the current financial year. If your application comes in later than this, we may defer it to be considered in the next financial year, but we cannot guarantee this.
- We will only consider your application if you have provided answers to all of the questions on the application form and have given us enough information to understand your project properly.
- You be expected to demonstrate that you have tried to obtain funding from other sources BEFORE approaching the parish council for a grant.
- Evidence of the use of the full grant amount for the agreed purpose must be provided to the Parish Council within six months of the funding being transferred. Should the evidence not be received the Parish Council will request the return of the funds. Where requested by the Parish Council, grants will only be paid following receipt of appropriate invoices.
- Please also note that the project shall be instigated within 6 months of receiving the grant. Any unused grant money received for work not subsequently undertaken will be refunded. The applicant also undertakes to complete and return a progress report regarding the project as may reasonably be requested.
Please note that if you do receive a grant, we will expect that any publicity you give to your project will acknowledge the Parish Council’s grant towards the project’s costs.